Tuesday, December 28, 2010

I'm Why We Can't Have Anything Nice.

Hello, readers.

Whenever I review a film, music, game etc. there's always someone who disagrees with me to the point where I'm sure I'd have been physically assaulted by now if I didn't have an avatar absorbing the blows for me. They tell me my reviews are 'why we can't have anything nice' and that my dislike of something not only means I have poor taste but that I am a poor human being in general.

I'm not in a position to judge, but I do know that I get as many people asking me to start a blog as I do asking me to die. Up until recently I haven't been a fan of either idea, but with the year coming to a close and the inevitable best/worst lists starting to emerge I thought I'd use this place as somewhere I could voice my opinion. I appreciate all positive comments as much as I do negative comments so long as you stick around to tell me what else I'm wrong about. This page isn't here for me to tell you what to watch but to spark discussion. 

I plan to do something different though. I have embraced the perception of myself as an insensitive douche who doesn't like anything, so every review, whether good or bad, will end with a note on one thing I would have done differently/better if I'd made the film/game/whatever.

Since I have come to the conclusion that this year I will not be watching any more films from 2010 (for various reasons) my lists for the top five films of the year and five most disappointing films of the year will be up tonight.

Enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Do a "worst of best of 2010" rundown. Reserved for people who revere tripe such as A Day To Remember, Ke$ha and Enter Shikari as the apex of musical greatness. Oh, and Johnny Call Of Duty deserves a shout-out too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, that's a good idea. I'm trying to keep this limited, but if I do see anything that insults my intelligence I will bring it up here.

    ReplyDelete